Thursday, August 24, 2006

Gold Beach

Last week I was on vacation with my family in Gold Beach, OR. For as long as I can remember, my entire mother's side of the family has gotten together there for a week each summer. The previous two summers (2004 & 2005), however, I had missed. Thus making it back this year was a big deal to me.

I had a wonderful time, but I just haven't decided what to write about it, so instead of sharing anything meaningful, I will tell you about something fairly insignificant. Even the little significance it does have is likely to be missed by many of you. It is an even I have been looking for on the road for a while, and although I suspected the existence of it, I wasn't certain if such a thing really ever happened. I can now say, with certainty, that it does. The event in question is... Two log trucks traveling in opposite directions.

4 comments:

zaoelpis said...

Wow! I know exactly what you're referring to, and I too have been on the lookout. It makes me smile to hear that is IS an actual thing that happens.

"You HAD logs?" :-)

Anonymous said...

So true! I grew up in logging central, and I've wondered whether that actually really happens much at all either. I'm glad you were able to verify it.

Anonymous said...

Awesome. But were they carrying the same kind of wood?

Philip said...

Well, being the wood expert that I am, I can say with confidence that they both carried wood that was roughly cylindrical in shape, and about as long as the bed of a semi. Oh and both types were the color of trees.

So basically I don't know if it was the same type of wood or not. It looked about the same for the quick glance that I got, but that really doesn't mean much.