Sunday, September 10, 2006

Home Group Shuffle

The home group I have been in since I moved to Santa Barbara two years ago just dissolved. There were a variety of reasons for it, mostly involving the leadership moving around. Apparently it is actually somewhat encouraged that home groups change things up once every 2-4 years. The reason for this being that it tends to be the primary way of building deep relationships in the Church, therefore if you always stay in the same home group, it greatly limits the number of people you get to know.

In any case, I will be in a different home group starting with this session. Certainly I will miss the people from my previous one, but I am excited to meet some new people too. Prior to this change, I had actually been thinking that it would be nice to get to know more people through a home group setting, but I wasn't ready to leave the one I was in. I think it was good for me to just be forced in the matter, rather than having to pick a time to leave when the rest of the group was still together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what you should do in this home group (besides enjoying expanding your religious fellowship with new people)?

Meet on some day other than Thursday ;)

Philip said...

I actually thought quite a bit about which night I would prefer to have home group on. As it turned out, Thursdays were still the best night.

In the scheme of things, only being able to go down to Lindy Groove while I'm on home group break is often enough for me. Even if all of my Thursdays were open, I probably would only make it down there once every month or two anyway.