Saturday, December 16, 2006

Gift Exchange

Last night my home group had a Christmas dinner. As part of it we did a white elephant gift exchange. The first gift opened was the holiday edition of Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook. It has some useful advice in it such as "How to get rid of carolers" (answer the door wearing a towel). As things got more and more frantic in the gift exchange, the joke came about that one of the tips in the guide was "How to survive a gift exchange and end up with the gift you want." I ended up with the guide, and I have a feeling this won't be the last gift exchange the book ends up in this Christmas...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those gift exchanges are really fun. And the guidebook is far from the worst thing you could end up with ;)

Philip said...

Oh, I wasn't intending to complain about getting it. I actually took it from someone else, although the reasons were not entirely because I wanted it. Now that I've read through it, however, I think it would be a great thing to pass on in the next gift exchange.

Oh, and as bad things to end up with go... One of the other young men in my home group ended up with a hot pink candle. I think he would have preferred the Sponge-Bob-Squarepants hot cocoa kit over the candle...

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing that book in our gift exchange!

Mom