Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Another Book Down

As you may remember, I got into reading classic literature while I was in India. The books were very inexpensive and other forms of entertainment were sparse. I brought a lot of books back with me to the US, and just finished reading Victor Hugo's The Hunchback of Notre Dame. It was an interesting book. There were lots of very slow sections, the worst of which was a 30-page description of the layout of Paris in the 1400's - I had to skim/skip most of it for the sake of not just putting the book down forever. On the other hand, many parts of the book were very engaging. I have never seen the Disney version, and now I'm curious to see what they did with it. The book did not strike me at all as something that would translate into a Disney movie. Then again, the original Little Mermaid wasn't quite what ended up in the Disney movie either.

No comments: