Monday, September 12, 2005

Saddle Sore

I rode my bike some this weekend and, then I rode to work for the second time today. On the way back home, the seat under me really didn't feel so good. After I'd been going for about 5 minutes or so, it stopped bothering me as much. I guess I either got used to it or maybe just went numb to it. In any case, I don't like it, and I'm starting to wonder if this is an issue where I need to give myself time to heal, or if it is something where I just need to push through and my body will get conditioned to it. Is there anyone out there with any insight from experience?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember reading articles about bikes in Consumer Reports that talked about how to choose a bike seat that is appropriate for your body. They talked about what can happen with a bad seat. I don't remember any details, but you can probably locate that info at Consumer Reports Online, and then go to that great local bike shop and try to apply it.

Mom

Anonymous said...

It's very important to have a good bike seat. Don't try to condition yourself. They make these gel seats which are kinda like a mattress pad (meaning you just slip it over the already existing seat). They make them for both male and female, so they take anatomy into account as well. I've heard bikers swear by those things.