Thursday, May 18, 2006

Cleaning Out My Desk

I left work early today after cleaning out my desk, and they told me not to come in tomorrow.

Fortunately that's because Toyon is moving to a new building, and the movers are starting tomorrow morning. The move is fairly short, but it will drop my commute down to under a mile and a half. The new building is much nicer, but the thing that excites me is that now we will all be in a single building, so I won't have to walk down the street just to meet with someone. The one problem is that now I need to figure out what to do with the 300* out of date business cards I have left over.

*: Complete estimate, and probably wrong. Actual is between 100 and 1000.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use out-of-date business cards for short sturdy shopping lists or other types of notes that I want to carry around in a pocket for a while without them disintegrating.

Mom

Anonymous said...

some time management/productivity stuff I've been reading lately recommends carrying around a small notebook or a few small cards (like business card size) clipped together. That way, when you think of something you need to remember later, just write it down so you can not fight to try to remember it, but just go back to whatever you were trying to do. Then you just have to remember to check the cards in your pocket occasionally to see what you wanted to remember.