Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Will My Personal Information Ever Be Right?

I just got my first ever box of business cards... and my name was misspelled (Phillip instead of Philip). Maybe in another month I'll have a second iteration with a less obvious error. On top of that, the California driver's license in my wallet says that I am female. Supposedly a correct one should be coming in the mail any day now. I'm wondering how long to wait for it before going in to the DMV to harass them about it. Supposedly they can take up to 60 days to arrive, so even though this one came in a week, I have a feeling that at the DMV they'll just tell me to keep waiting since it hasn't been 60 days yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...Philip. That reminds me of something. I've had a bad one when I was little. Along with my two other sisters, I had my picture taken by a professional photogapher. Since our family had to go back to Japan, they sent the photos to our home in Japan, after several weeks the photos arrived. On the envelop it said "Ms. Akiko, Ms. Tomoko, Ms.Oshiko." My name was wrong...it was very wrong that it meant "pee" in Japanese. My innocent heart was so injured.

However, I hope you get to have your correct name card pretty soon!!!!

-Yoshiko

jonathan said...

I don't think I've ever had a business card with my name spelled correctly on it. Actually, I just got a letter from my new workplace with my name spelling incorrectly too. You'd think it'd be easy, considering the first name I use is only 3 letters long, but some of my friends still don't know how to spell it.

- Jon