Thursday, November 03, 2005

A Tale of Two Nights Swing Dancing

Last week when I arrived for Wednesday night swing dancing I was greeted by about ten women, who were very excited to see me. I was only the second man to show up, which meant that they could now get one out of every five dances instead of one out of every ten.

Fast forward to this week. Last night I arrived at about the same time. This week I was the fourth man with no women there yet. Fortunately a women showed up before too long. At that point I think we had about six men for her to choose between. After a few songs another women showed up, and before too long we had three women for our six men. As the night went on, many more people showed up. I don't think we ever reached equal numbers, but it got close enough that I never had to sit out a dance unless I needed the break.

Hopefully next week things will balance themselves out...

No comments: