Friday, November 04, 2005

Unexpected

I am sometimes a little surprised at the ways people reach this blog, particularly some of the web searches that lead here. Today I saw that someone got here by Googling for Santa Barbara Drunken parties. Even more surprising to me is the fact that I'm the number one link. Now maybe it's just because Santa Barbara isn't big on partying. I mean think about the colleges here: Westmont, Brooks, and UCSB. Only one of those them even makes the national top five list as a party school. Clearly Santa Barbara just doesn't have much of a drunken party scene.

I wonder how long my blog will hold this distinction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, this post will help reinforce it, no?

Philip said...

I thought about that when I posted this, but I'm really just not too worried about it ruining my reputation. I suspect that a much larger reason for it is that people have links on their blogs to my blog that say something like "Philip (Santa Barbara)" so Google associates my blog with searches for Santa Barbara.