Thursday, January 26, 2006

I Didn't See What Was Really Going On

Last night at Balboa class I had an interesting experience. My second partner struck me as ...unusual. She seemed really out of it, like she didn't know what was going on around her. When the instructors were demonstrating things she just stared at me with a blank look in her eyes. She kept at least one hand on me when we weren't dancing, but when we did start dancing she didn't meet me halfway into dance position - as if she didn't realize that I was getting ready to dance with her. It was weird, a bit uncomfortable, and to be honest, I was kind of glad to move on to my next partner. Towards the end of the class one of the instructors made a helpful announcement.
By the way everyone, this women is blind.

1 comment:

jonathan said...

:) When I had jury duty, the guy who ran the convienience store in the courthouse was blind. He'd ask you what you got, you'd tell him, he'd ring you up (he handled the key pad real well), the registered audibly announced the total, you gave him the money and he gave you your change. It was funny when the occasional person couldn't figure it out - one woman waved her hand in the air to get his attention when he asked who was next, and took quite a while to figure out why she wasn't getting a response.