Friday, March 24, 2006

Healthy!

Over the past week, I've gotten quite a few updates on my health from multiple doctors and nurses.

Last Friday (one week ago today) I had a full physical. I'm pretty sure the last time I had one was prior to college. The doctor said I was absolutely healthy. As part of the check-up, I had blood work done. I didn't get the results from that until Wednesday, but when they did come, they were very good. In particular, I was pleased to discover that my cholesterol was only 108 (below 200 is considered good)!

On Tuesday/Thursday I finally got tested for TB (the test takes 48 hours). I've been meaning to get that done ever since I got back from India based on certain experiences there. I wasn't too worried about it, but again, I was happy to find that I do not have any TB running through my blood.

Finally, on Wednesday I had my six week checkup with the doctor I've been seeing for my broken arm. After looking at the X-Rays, he couldn't really see the crack anymore, but the healing was quite visible. He told me that in 3-4 weeks, the bone should be back to 100% strength, and that he doesn't need to see me again.

In the scheme of things, none of these are a big deal, but I was happy to hear all of them.

No comments: