Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Community is...

Letting someone wipe the mud out of their eyes using the t-shirt that you are wearing.

This happened to me twice yesterday. The first time was when Rachel was covered in the mud she was digging out of a toilet hole (not the same one as before, we still don't have a pump). My shirt still had a few spots that were clean enough to help her. It was however awkward to let her use my shirt when she was three and a half feet deep in a hole with lots of slippery mud around the edges. Still, we somehow managed. The second time was with Todd, who was actually on the other side of a fence at the time. It was easy enough to get part of my shirt through the fence, but it was also easy for the ants on the fence to start crawling all over my shirt. Still, anything to build community!

No comments: