Sunday, April 17, 2005

Cross Cultural Relationships are Hard

Since our team hasn't been working on building homes the past few days, it's given us more time for other things. I've probably spent a lot more time with natives, just trying to get to know them and hear their stories. I've reached a point where I just feel drained by it emotionally. Overall I've had a lot more good interactions than bad, but I still feel drained and don't really want to deal with it anymore. Please be praying for me, and for the whole team, that God would bless our efforts at cross cultural interactions. Pray that we would experience part of God's plan for reconciliation of race, culture, and class barriers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, I feel you. I'll definitely be praying for you and your team, that God will give you all tons of strength and putting things around you to build you up. Cross-cultural relationships can be so hard but can be very rewarding, though it's kind of hard to see that when it's getting tiring. =)

Anonymous said...

Amen, I feel you. I'll definitely be praying for you and your team, that God will give you all tons of strength and putting things around you to build you up and give you motivation. Cross-cultural relationships can be so hard but can be very rewarding, though it's kind of hard to see that when it's getting tiring. =)

Anonymous said...

Oops sorry about the double post -- I was surprised it was letting me edit my comment, but I guess not... So you can ignore the first one (or the second since I didn't change it all that much :P).