Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Rained Out

I would have started working on the construction site today, except that I woke up to heavy rain. I don't know a whole lot about construction (yet), but apparently rain makes it hard to do the work at least for certain stages of the building process. They told me not to bother getting ready, because we weren't going.

I really hope this isn't a trend. I am pretty excited to start working, and it will be frustrating if we spend more days at home than we spend working. One native that I talked to said that April is the beginning of Sri Lanka's monsoon season, so this really has potential to be a big problem. Please pray for weather that is closer to "death by heat stroke" than it is to "death by drowning." Although ideally cool and dry would be the best.

No comments: