Sunday, December 12, 2004

Child Care II

I had child care duties again this Sunday. This time I was serving during the first service, which is aimed more at families in terms of child care. This basically means that things are segregated by age, and there are a lot more kids. They placed me with the toddlers, so once again I got to play with Diego! There were a lot more kids than adults there, so I ended up playing with quite a few kids, as well as just holding some of them while they cried. I really enjoyed my time there. Some of the other adults commented that I was a human jungle gym. I would let them pull me to the ground and climb all over me. At times I had four kids on top of me. Most of them tried to keep me down. One girl was nice enough to keep helping me up, although I think it was just so that I could give her a ride on my back.

Afterwards, I was talking to Jonna (a woman in my home group), and she mentioned something about me being a father someday. It really clicked for me when she said it. I guess I have been thinking about kids a lot recently. I certainly hope that someday I'll have at least one child of my own. However, there are a few other things that need to happen first...

No comments: