Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Home Group Christmas Dinner

My home group finished off our study of Matthew last week. Since we were without a planned study, one of the couples hosted a dinner last night. I could get into the details of the delicious food, or the beautiful house they have, but that wasn't what made the night so great. It was great simply because of the people I was with.

Towards the end of the evening we all gathered in the living room to share what we were going to do for Christmas, and sing Christmas carols. It was late enough in the evening that the kids were getting tired, and I was lucky enough to have Sierra (Diego's older sister, previously mentioned here, although not by name.) cuddle up with me on the couch and go to sleep. She never completely woke up, so I just carried her out to the car when everyone started leaving.

On the way back I had a choice: I could either leave the way I came, which would go the wrong direction for a bit because I came straight from work, or I could go the general direction of home. I decided to brave the unknown and head straight for home. This might have worked if I had known the area, but instead I found myself driving down a lot of long winding roads until I looped back on somewhere I had already been five or ten minutes earlier. At that point the mile detour to get back to known territory didn't seem so bad.

No comments: