Thursday, December 30, 2004

Back in Santa Barbara

I got back to Santa Barbara late last night. I had a great time over Christmas seeing lots of family. I don't really know what to say about it, so instead here is a list of few things that were different about being at home, relative to being here in Santa Barbara.

1. I kept trying to open the wrong side of the fridge.

2. I couldn't find the magnet used to operate the child-proof (cat-proof) locks for the doors under the sink.

3. It turns out there aren't child-proof locks installed, so the magnet didn't matter anyway.

4. A car that didn't have a clutch, no matter how often I tried to press the clutch.

5. A car with 2nd gear where I'm used to 1st gear being.

6. The cats don't respond to the name Sasha... Never mind, Sasha doesn't either.

7. A cat that will stay in your lap longer than you are willing to provide a lap.

I think that'll do it. There were certainly other things, but these things are probably more amusing to me than they are to the rest of you.

No comments: