Saturday, October 22, 2005

Is it Really Me?

Every other Friday night there is Swing dancing in Santa Barbara with a live band. Generally I haven't been going, but this week I decided that just dancing on Wednesday night wasn't good enough. I had a great time, but one thing in particular stuck out to me. One woman I danced with thought she remembered me, and she seemed vaguely familiar to me too. Anyway, when I told her my name I got a response I'm not used to, "Are you the really good Phil?"

Now, I consider myself to be a fairly good swing dancer, but not good enough to have a reputation, even in a smaller area like Santa Barbara. Honestly, even though I kind of like the idea of being that good, I suspect there must be some other Philip in Santa Barbara that has this reputation, and I don't think it's my roommate.

Ok, one other memorable thing. One of the women I danced with decided to give me all of her weight when I dipped her at the end of the song. I wasn't expecting it, because that isn't the common way of dipping in social situations. It wasn't graceful, but I managed to keep us from falling. If she had weighed even a little more, that might not have been the case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, long time since I've talked to you. We should talk again sometime.