Saturday, October 01, 2005

Ye Olde Vegdahl Family Recipe

I was in charge of bringing after-study dessert. After giving it some thought, I was inspired to use a recipe my Dad sent me back in college when my suite was in charge of snacks for the InterVarsity meeting. We never ended up using it then, so I dug through my old emails and used it now.

It was a recipe for cinnamon rolls, and based on the instructions my Dad gave me, I can tell that they go back at least to his Mother. They took quite a while to prepare, and I did have to make one substitution when I realized I hadn't read the ingredients closely enough when I went shopping, but I think they came out pretty well. As the old saying goes: "Just like... Father... used to make."

Thanks for sending me that recipe two years ago Dad!

2 comments:

Greg said...

Is that when we ended up making that huge rice crispy treat instead?

Philip said...

Yep, that is the time I was talking about.