Thursday, October 20, 2005

Anniversary Post

Yep, that's right. I've been writing on this blog for a year now. Although I have to admit that recently I've slacked quite a bit. Sometimes it is a lack of things that seem worth writing about, but more often I'm just too busy/lazy to write. Here are a few things from the past week that I had wanted to write full posts about, but never got around to:
  • Last Friday (October 14th) marked my being back in the United States for four months. That is somewhat significant to me because it means I have now been back for longer than I was away.
  • Last weekend my Dad came down from Portland and visited me. I had a great time with him, and was reminded just how lucky I am, and how much I take it for granted that I have a good relationship with my parents.
  • Last Sunday I had some conflict with another man at Church. I was pretty upset when I got home. Tuesday night we got together with two other people from Church, and they helped us talk through a lot of it. Things certainly aren't perfect, but they are a lot better, and we couldn't have gotten there just the two of us.
I was also intending to spend some time reflecting on life from the past year, perhaps commenting on some of my favorite posts. Along those same lines, but much lazier, this post is the one that I hear about from other people more than any other. Of the posts that I remember off the top of my head, this is the one that I had the most fun writing. Anyone else out there have some posts that stand out to them out of all my blogging from the last year?

No comments: