Saturday, June 11, 2005

Almost at the End

Tonight is our last night of debriefing. Tomorrow we will leave Darjeeling and catch a night train back to Kolkata. We will arrive back in Kolkata on Monday morning. Our flight out of Kolkata is late that evening. Tuesday evening I'll be able to sleep on a real American mattress for the first time in four months. Well, I'll be able to lay on it anyway. Jet lag will decide if I'm able to sleep...

It is so crazy to realize that my four month trip to Asia is nearly over. I wonder what it will be like getting back. I've heard that reverse culture shock can be pretty nasty after a trip like this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back (almost) -- where do you live?

Philip said...

Well, I'll be a bit of a drifter for a few weeks. On July 11th I'll be starting a job in the Santa Barbara area. Recently that's where I've been telling people I live in the US.