Tuesday, June 21, 2005

A Look Into My Future

On Thursday my parents are taking me on a week long trip to Pittsburgh. That's the city I was born in and spent the first couple years of my life in. This will be the first time I've been back since my family moved to Oregon, so I can't say I remember the place at all. I'm looking forward to learning a little bit about the unremembered years of my life.

When I get back from Pittsburgh, I'll be moving back down to Santa Barbara. Starting on July 11th, I'll be working at Toyon again. I've already lined up an apartment and a roommate, which should make the whole process a lot easier. I'll be living with a man who was in my high school youth group, although I haven't really known for the past five years. So far there is only one problem with our situation: His name is also Philip. I'll sure we'll figure something out... or just create a lot of confusion. My Dad shared with me that when he was my age, he also moved in with a roommate that shared the same first name. He also let me know that six months later he got married. For the record, I don't expect that part to happen on the same schedule.

4 comments:

Philip said...

How about you start working on a nickname for the other Philip instead...

jonathan said...

I suggest P-ditty or P Dawg.

By the way, how crazy rare is it to find another phillip? I don't think I know any other phillips at all right now.

Philip said...

Actually Jon, it is even a little crazier than that. We are both "Philip" (single L spelling). That's a sort of old fashoned spelling (it's the Biblical one too).

Anonymous said...

haha, I would expect Phil to summarily reject Philiam. Sophomore year he didn't like that nickname too much. Tera Bell called him Philiam Shakespeare.

I'm partial to Philio myself.

Oh, and welcome back, Philip! I will be uncloistered on Wednesday. I'm sure you have a lot more reflections than you've put up on the blog lately and am looking forward to hearing them!

- Ethan