Sunday, June 19, 2005

Life Back in America

I haven't posted anything the last few days. I haven't really had anything motivating me to post. Life back in America seems a lot less eventful than it was in Kolkata. Then again, I haven't really been doing much of anything. I can't say I've noticed any violent reverse culture shock yet. Everything seems about the same as it was before I left for India. Sometimes it almost feels like Kolkata was just a long dream. America is just such a different world that it almost seems like the two couldn't possibly both exist.

When it isn't raining, I've been enjoying just walking around the neighborhood. Sometimes I'll talk on the phone, sometimes I'll just think. There are so many ways that I just couldn't get this simple experience while in India. It is so quiet and peaceful. The temperature is comfortable, rather than 100+ F and humid. Above everything else, strangers don't stare at me everywhere I go. I love just being a normal person again.

No comments: