Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Cleaning Out My Closet

I intend a bit of a double meaning with that title. First of all, when I arrived in Santa Barbara my closet was full of paper from my apartment-mate's unpacking. In the three weeks he was there prior to my arrival he hadn't gotten it cleaned out. When I arrived, we discovered that the recycling bins for our apartment can fill up pretty quickly, so it has taken us a few cycles to get it all out there. Fortunately, this afternoon I finally took the last of it out. Now I have a wonderful, empty, half closet!

The more important meaning was that last night I got together with the McCulloughs (members of my home group at Church), and started talking and praying through some of the pains that I brought back with me from Kolkata. The short version is I had a lot of struggles with community (i.e. my team) while in Kolkata. I never talked about it much on my blog because I didn't want to put those things up in a public place. The major upshot of my struggles is that I have had a much harder time trusting and giving myself fully to community. After a month of being back, I was overdue to finally start dealing with this. Things are getting better because God is faithful. I am so grateful to God for giving me the love and support of the McCulloughs.

I don't want to put any more details up here. I just wanted to say enough to let people know a little about what has been going on for me and how you can be praying for me.

No comments: