Monday, July 25, 2005

I Really Should Have Been More Careful...

I went to the DMV today to apply for a California driver's license. I didn't have an appointment, but was pleasantly surprised that I reached the front of the line before I was even done filling out the forms. I took the test, and as always there were a handful that I wasn't quite sure about. Fortunately I still passed and they have me a California temporary license. What I didn't realize until later was that they had somehow mis-entered one piece of information for me:
Sex: F
From now on I'm triple-checking that whenever someone tells me to verify that my information is correct. I did check my name and address, but I guess they expect you to check those, so they hide the errors elsewhere.

The primary result is that I have to go back to the DMV again tomorrow. Hopefully it will be even quicker tomorrow than it was today.

I'm sure there's a lesson in here somewhere, here's one possibility: It doesn't take an operation to legally change your gender?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! That's hilarious. The wacky things that can happen in California... ;-)