Sunday, July 24, 2005

I Love My Home Group!

I wanted to post this right away after our home group session on Thursday night, but at the time sleep seemed more important. Then I just sort of put it off for a few days. Anyway, Home Group was wonderful this week. It was a bit smaller than usual because of people who were out of town and one person that just wasn't feeling well. I'm not sure if the smaller size helped to improve our usual dynamic, or if it was just an amazing night on it's own.

This month we have been meeting for dinner before Home Group each Thursday. It's been really great since it gives us more time to talk and find out what's going on in each other's lives. While we were waiting for dinner to be ready, the topic of vulnerability in community came up. We talked about how critical this is to communities, both how it helps to grow communities, and how the lack of it hurts communities. It is one of those things that I know is true, but recently I've had a lot more trouble living that out.

After dinner we had set aside some time for me to tell the group about a bit about my experiences in India. We did eventually make it to the study, but it was much later than we usually start, so we kept the study fairly short. After our study we just took some time for people to share struggles and pray for each other. We probably spent more time on that than we had on our study, and I'm glad we did. Some people are going through some really hard stuff right now, and it gave them a chance to really share about it. After we were done praying, I really just had that wonderful feeling that only comes from knowing that you are in a group of people that really cares about and loves each other.

No comments: