Saturday, November 13, 2004

Needed: Change of Perspective

It took me 45 minutes to get to work this morning. That's about 3 times what it usually takes to get to work. Eventually I saw that one lane of traffic was blocked off because of an accident. All I could think about was how ridiculous it was that traffic completely stopped because only two of the three lanes were available. The accident caused me to lose half an hour of my morning.

Later in the day, a co-worker mentioned off hand that one person had died in the crash. That caught me off guard. I was so concerned with my 30 wasted minutes, that I didn't even give thought to the people in the accident. I didn't so much as say a quick prayer as I drove by. There are many important things in this world. Life is among them. Half an hour of my time is not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true..... ---Rachel