Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Home Again

I'm back up at home in Beaverton now. I've actually been here since Saturday evening. There are plenty of things about my week in LA or about my drive back up to Portland that I could share. I'll restrict myself to just a couple of stories.

On Thursday night I went to the 3CIV (Three College Intervarsity) meeting in Claremont. It was nice to see how they are doing. I really liked seeing a lot of new people coming into leadership roles. As part of the meeting they had Lydia pray for me to send me off for my trip to Kolkata. She prayed a lot of things for me, but the thing that people will remember is that she prayed for my bowels. After what I've heard about my likely experiences in Kolkata, this seems like a fairly good prayer to me. I can, however, understand why it produced so many laughs.

On my way back up north, I stopped to visit an aunt, uncle, and cousins in the Sacramento area. My cousin Peter is quite the young gamer (Much like I was when I was in fourth grade). Anyway, I still have a bunch of my old Game Boy games, which can still be played in the new Game Boy Advance systems (although not in the brand new Game Boy DS). I showed Peter my collection of over 20 games. He became very excited to see so many games. I let him choose three of them to keep, and I plan to do the same on future visits. I haven't played my Game Boy in years, so I'm glad that now he can get some enjoyment out of my old games.

No comments: