Friday, March 04, 2005

Goodbye Nepal Team

Today the Nepal team left on a train for southern India. By Tuesday they will be in Sri Lanka. After that they will finally make it to Nepal where they will spend the rest of their time. It seems unlikely that I will get to see all of them again, particularly with one of the women being from Uganda. I guess I'll just have to trust that if God wants it to happen then we will cross paths again.

Even though we only had two weeks together, they were probably two of the most intense weeks of our lives. God blessed me through each of them, and they all became very dear to me. I am going to miss each and every one of them.

I do, however, realize that it wouldn't have been good for them to stay with us the whole four months. It was really hard to create deep team intimacy with eleven of us. With only six left, we should be able to grow much closer as a team. Although there wasn't a single person I could have picked out to leave, I am glad to have the smaller team.

Gloria, Jen, Jesse, Julie, and Liz: I love you all! You will all be in my daily prayers. Thank you so much for sharing your love and your lives with me. Wherever you end up in life, I know that you will be serving God in humility and love.

No comments: