Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Compassion

As I mentioned yesterday, our team is reading Compassion right now. This book is amazing. I have no idea why I haven't read this book before. I've known about it for quite a while, and I've heard plenty of people with good things to say about it. Perhaps it was God's will to save it until now, because it is really hitting me where I'm at right now. It seems like every single page of it hits me. I'm coming to understand better what has made some of my past communities so amazing, as well as gaining insight into all sorts of struggles and failures in my life, both past and present. I guess I'll just end by saying that if you haven't read this book, you really should. I can't think of another book (save the Bible) that so clearly talks about the heart of a Christian life.

No comments: