Monday, May 16, 2005

One Year Out - One Month Left

One year ago today I graduated from Harvey Mudd College. It seems both shorter and longer than that. On the one hand, I still have such strong memories of my time at Mudd that it almost seems like just a month or two ago. On the other hand, my life has changed so much in the last year. At graduation, I never would have believed that I'd be in Kolkata, India right now. I wouldn't have expected to be so plugged in, involved, and supported by a Church after a year of involvement, and I was only there for four months! I praise God for all of it.

On the other side of things, I have just a little under a month left in India. I will be back in the United States on June 14th. Our last week in India will be a team retreat somewhere north of Kolkata and up in the mountains. That means I only have three weeks left in Kolkata. It's crazy to think that the time has gone by so quickly. Before I know it I'll be back in the United States trying to reconcile how it is possible for India and America to exist on the same planet. Please pray that our team will continue to grow during this last month, both as a community and each of us personally. Pray that we won't check out emotionally, but will still be present in our day to day lives.

No comments: