Saturday, May 28, 2005

Me of Little Faith

I got a much better email from my Mom today. I don't think she'll mind if I post a section of it.
Grey seemed to be a bit better when I got back. Last night, her appetite was back, to the point where she yowled at me when I didn't get her food to her fast enough. She ate about 4 times as much last night as she had in a whole day earlier in the week. And no signs of the intense pain in her mouth. This morning she asked to go out to relieve herself, (she has just been using the floor inside most of the time recently) and then trotted around a little in the backyard and didn't want to come in right away. The improvement is dramatic. So I cancelled the appointment to have her put to sleep.
Praise God! I'd been praying for it, but I really didn't hold out any hope that she would get better. In fact, I was even wondering if she would pass away on her own before she was put to sleep. This morning I woke up and assumed that she was dead. When I checked my email I was expecting a confirmation of that. I am absolutely amazed to have gotten the email that I did. I really don't have enough faith in God to answer my prayers. She's still an old cat, and I know she won't live forever, but now that she's eating again I know she has some life left in her. I'm very thankful. Even if she only lasts a little while longer, I'll be thankful for all of the time that God gives her.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and supportive emails/comments over the last few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! :-) I really hope you get to see her again before she does leave us. It seems fairly likely now that you will. But I'm hoping anyway. :-)