Thursday, May 05, 2005

I Can Do It!

Last night I finally did something for the first time that I've never been able to do before: A pull up! Actually I did three of them in a row! I have never in my life been in good enough shape physically to manage a pull up. Todd likes working out, so hung a pull up bar on the porch of our apartment. Prior to going to Sri Lanka I tried and couldn't do one. There are a couple factors that I think contributed to this. First, spending time in Sri Lanka doing manual labor probably made me a bit stronger than when I left for Sri Lanka. Second, I'm pretty sure that I've been losing weight since coming to Asia. It isn't that I'm not eating or that I'm trying to lose weight, it's just happening. About half way through our time in Sri Lanka I had to cut a new hole in my belt. Anyway, this may not be all that exciting for the rest of you, but for a guy that's never been able to do even one, it was a pretty big deal.

No comments: